Child Care Support Nanny
Assist Child Care families and staff members as they care for their foster children.
The Child Care Support Nanny at NHM is a vital member of our Child Care team, responsible for providing assistance across various divisions, including the Child Placement Agency, Daycare, and Expanded Children’s Ministries. This role has variety, as you may support different families and participate in diverse tasks. While adapting needs are part of the job, efforts will be made to maintain a regular schedule, allowing for necessary adjustments.
Child Placement Agency:
- Assist in caring for privately placed children in homes.
- Support foster families in scheduled child care and provide assistance during parental visits.
- Collaborate with house parents, fellow nannies, and other caregivers.
- Aid in transportation of children to visits and engage in domestic duties when necessary.
- Provide additional or substitute care as needed in NHM’s daycares.
- Collaborate with full-time employees and Volunteer staff to ensure children’s well-being.
Expanded Children’s Ministries:
- Contribute to the development of children’s ministry with a willingness to explore various opportunities.
- Undergo background check, first aid, and CPR training.
- Participate in nanny training to enhance skills and readiness, including training for potential of you having a baby that you care for on your own.
- Occasionally assist in thrift stores if there is insufficient work in the Child Care Support Nanny role.
- One day off per week.
- Work schedule determined a week in advance by the “house mom” of your Child Care home.
- You may be required to keep a log of your hours and a written description of your work time and report it to your supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Minimum commitment: 1 Year
- Location: Canon City, CO.
Take the first step
Send this form to begin the application process. A New Horizons staff member will reach out within three business days to discuss your interest in joining our team.
A confirmation email will contain information about what to expect next.